Search for Eee Family, Eee PC, 1005HA and download the following to an external media such as a USB stick.
- BIOS (v.1102 or above)
- Chipset Intel 945 (v220.127.116.116)
- VGA Intel (v18.104.22.1687)
- SATA AHCI (v22.214.171.1243)
- Touchpad (v126.96.36.199)
- Bluetooth (v188.8.131.5200)
- KB Filter (v184.108.40.206_32)
- Audio (v220.127.116.1198)
- LAN (v18.104.22.168)
- Wireless 785H (v22.214.171.124 or above)
- HotkeyService (v1.11.01)
- Super Hybrid Engine (SHE) (v2.09)
- ASUS Update (v1.03.03)
- Under Windows XP in your Eee PC, upgrade BIOS via the ASUS Update.
- Install Windows 7 operating system from the DVD. Ensure that it is in the same language as your current Windows® XP operating system.
- Install required drivers, utilties, and applications in the following order:
I. Chipset Intel 945: Run “Setup.exe”
II. SATA AHCI:
Select “Start” then;
- Select “Computer” and click the right mouse button
- Open “Manage”
- Select “Device Manager” under “System Tools” in the left hand column
- Open “IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers” in the right column
- Open the item with “AHCI”
- Select the “Driver” page
- Enter “Update Driver…”
- Use “Browse…” to locate the “SATA AHCI_v8.9.1023” folder or where you saved the downloaded AHCI driver.
III. VGA Intel: Run “Setup.exe”
IV. Hotkey Service: Run “HotkeyService_1.11.01.exe”
V. Touchpad: Run “Setup.exe”
VI. Bluetooth: Run “Setup.exe”
VII. KB Filter: Run “PNPINST.exe”
VIII. Audio: Run “Setup.exe”
IX. LAN: Run “Setup.exe”
X. Wireless 785H: Run “Setup.exe” in the “Install_CD” folder
XI. Super Hybrid Engine: Run “SuperHybridEngine_2.09.exe”
XII. ASUS Update: Run “AsusSetup.exe”
At this point you should be good to go!
For any assistance during the installation process, contact ASUS Support;